Have a look at our awesome line-up of confirmed presenters for the South African School Librarians' Conference!
And even more speakers...
Corne Guldenpfennig, who is an Intellectual
Property lawyer from Pretoria, will speak about the use of films in schools.
- Lynne Worth: How are South African schools going with e-books in the library?
Plus discussion groups, moderated by a member of the committee...
- Brendan Hatcher: Breaking down how to evaluate online sources, and delving into the Dark Web...
- Denise Nicholson, who is the Scholarly Communications Librarian at the University of the Witwatersrand, will speak on copyright, developments with regard to the Copyright Amendment Bill and plagiarism issues
- What does our actual job descriptions look like? We'll be creating the perfect one during a discussion group!
Corne Guldenpfennig, who is an Intellectual Property lawyer from Pretoria, will speak about the use of films in schools.
- We'll be leading a discussion on what the perfect library looks like - so bring your ideas...
- An author panel, discussing - amongst other things - the state of publishing in South Africa.
- The Future Library - where is it going to end up?
- One Brave Thing - what are you going to take away from the conference?
As well as DemoSlams...
- ...where delegates will have a chance to highlight some of their favourite library tools and tips,
- and stand a chance to win prizes!
- A Barry Thomas show
- A quiz evening
- Supper theatre